Deeper Network starts internal testing of new NPoW consensus algorithm from August 15th to August 31st and will start a public beta test on September 1st. The public beta test period is expected to be 3 months which will end on December 1st.
Why does the NPoW consensus algorithm deserve the attention of global developers and investors? What does it mean for the Deeper Network and the entire Web3 world? How can the majority of Web3 enthusiasts participate in the NPoW consensus algorithm public testing and earn rewards? Let’s find out below.
1. What are the objectives of NPoW, EZC, and DEP?
- NPoW, the Next-Generation Proof-of-Work consensus algorithm, is an economic distribution model and proof-of-work mechanism in Web3 economic ecology. It has made outstanding innovations compared with the traditional POW, POS and DPOS mechanisms.
EZC is a compliant value medium that helps users migrate from Web2 to Web3. One EZC is equal to $0.01, and Deeper Network's official economical token DPR can be burned to exchange EZC. Every task released by the NPoW has value because of burning EZC.
- DEP is the world's first decentralized general-purpose chain framework. Every Dapp built under its framework has different values due to receiving and burning of different amounts of EZC.
Once NPoW starts implementing, it will assign various tasks of economic value to different nodes, and DEP, as the producer of Dapp, will dispatch specific execution instructions to other nodes. When the tasks are accomplished, the corresponding workload can obtain proof of work. These nodes can convert proof-of-work into DPR tokens, or continue with new tasks after completing the burn.
Through this process, the threshold for users to enter Web3 will be lower, and different Dapps and nodes will have economic value. Each node can also obtain corresponding rewards according to the economic efficiency of completing tasks, thus making the Deeper Network ecosystem more sustainable and robust.
NPoW organically coordinates DEP and EZC, and also jointly drives the value cycle between the three. NPoW consensus algorithm encourages all the nodes to pick up all the tasks by turning on the task switch in AtomOS. (As shown below) Once it’s on, tasks will automatically assign to the testers. The more tasks are completed, the more proof of work you’ll receive. (The proof of work can be exchanged for DPR) The operation logic of Dapp is also based on the NPoW reward system.
3. Rules for testers to participate in the NPoW public beta test
In order to promote the NPoW consensus algorithm and further empower Web3, Deeper Network will start a 3-month public beta test starting September 1st. The entrance of the public beta test version will be on the DEP page in AtomOS (which will appear in DEP, the public beta test version). Dapp is the most important carrier of NPoW at this stage, and it is also the best model to test its stability. During the test period, testers who complete the assigned tasks by Deeper Network will receive rewards.
Please see below for registration details:
1. Beta test period:
It will start on September 1st and end in December. Applicants can submit their applications anytime during the 3-month test period. Please follow the official announcements for updates.
- DEP developers
- Deeper operating node testers
- NPoW security analyst
- Deploy development applications on DEP
- Deploy the test node by following the deploy test tutorial
- Find functional and security vulnerabilities and provide feedback by emailing the team
- DEP developers: no devices required. The ability to develop applications
- Deeper operating node testers: owns at least 1 Deeper Connect device
- NPoW security analyst: familiar with the NPoW consensus algorithm and its operation process, good at analyzing vulnerabilities and exploiting vulnerabilities to attack
*Note: DEP developer applications are screened by the Deeper team. If selected, you will receive an email from the team within 3 days. Operating node testers and security analysts can be joined by all the applicants. If the Deeper Super Affiliates meet the above conditions, they can join the beta test group immediately.
- DEP developers: Those ranked in the top 50% in popularity can continue to deploy applications on the mainnet after the test period is over. They have the priority to deploy their applications and the first 3 months are free.
- All DEP developers share the DPR reward pool with a value of $10,000 USD, which is allocated according to the proportion of participation during the beta test period. The rewards will be distributed in Dec. when the beta test is finished.
- Deeper operating node testers: testers will receive an EZC for each task they complete. And each EZC will burn to exchange for DPR according to the DPR rate. (1EZC=0.01 USDC). The more tasks are completed, the more EZC testers will receive and burn for more DPR. As long as each tester completes 1 task a day, he/she will receive at least 10 DPR.
- NPoW security analyst: the Deeper Network team will make corresponding airdrop rewards according to the severity of the vulnerability feedback. Airdrop will be done the first week of the following month after checking all the feedback. There will be 3 airdrops since the test period is 3 months.
How to apply:
- DEP developers: to apply to become part of the DEP developer’s community, please fill out this application: https://forms.gle/EWxhCpbDFxMqooZS9
- Deeper operating node testers: to apply to become part of the operating node tester’s community, please fill out this application: https://forms.gle/7wbovmNekJiTDvsj7
- NPoW security analyst: to apply to become part of NPoW analyst’s community, please fill out this application: https://forms.gle/C3Fe1yCCehozpMNv7
Disclaimer: These rules and rewards are only for beta testers. Deeper Network reserves the right to make adjustments and changes to the rules and rewards as needed for the benefit of the testers and the project.